In the wake of justice that has been sweeping across America, in conjunction with the George Zimmerman trial, there has been a guilty consciousness among the mind of John Spooner. If you don’t know what’s up in Milwaukee I’ll tell you this: John Spooner was found guilty today of killing a 13 year old teenager named Darius Simmons. Spooner shot and killed Simmons in a first degree intentional homicide attempt.
In the recent backlash among these I think the “Stand your Ground Laws” or those “Castle Doctrines” there is price for that. So I question: is the SYG really that necessary? Even if a black teenager like Darius Simmons was not doing anything wrong? This is what is going on right now in conjunction of what Trayvon Martin experienced.
Plus to add this is just a “phase one.” What that means that now it has to go to the second phase in which has to prove that Spooner had been in a mental state of condition like defects or disorder.
To read the story, click on this link, courtesy of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Follow up news: The court in regarding John Spooner’s condition of being in a “mental state” was thrown out. His mental state was sane and will serve the rest of his life in prison.
- And Another One… 76-Year-Old Milwaukee Man Set To Face Trial For Murking Innocent 13-Year-Old Black Neighbor He Thought Was A Thief (bossip.com)
- 76-year-old man to stand trial in shooting death of 13-year-old boy (news.yahoo.com)
- Milwaukee Man To Stand Trial For Shooting Black 13-Year-Old Neighbor He Accused Of Burglary (clutchmagonline.com)
- John Henry Spooner case: Wisconsin man faces trial for shooting 13-year-old black boy (thegrio.com)
- Jury now deliberating case against John Spooner, accused of homicide (fox6now.com)
- Jury Set in Milwaukee Murder with Similarities to Zimmerman Case (atlantablackstar.com)