Looks like mood of the Packer nation has been night and day. From 6-0 to about 1-4 in total of being 7-4. The last two games should have been winnable against the still below Detroit Lions, whom have now been officially been caged free after being held down at Lambeau for 24 years. And…..REALLY?! The Chicago Bears on the same day of Thanksgiving. The same occasion in which Brett Favre got his jersey number retired. Ok enough of that. And me puking in my toilet. But seriously, what is up with the Pack? No team shouldn’t be 7-4 while going (possessively) to a potential Super Bowl. Now don’t get me wrong that yes, there have been teams that mostly started out “super” and don’t hardly get at much. Clearly, the Packers are no exception. And for the record, I’m not just a Packer Backer Fan. I’m also an Observer. I see all the good, bad and ugly. Needless to say, they are still my team. No bandwagons. No wannabees. And most def I’m not one of those who live in Wisconsin and be a fan of those who against the pack. No perpetrators in my house!
So from my “Observer” standpoint what needs to be done to mend the damage that the Packers have received? I’ll get to that in a moment.
According to NFL.com’s NFL Now they recently highlighted 3 fixes that the Packers need to have.
- Fixing the Passing Attack. I’ll agree that the passing attack is not as sharp. They need to resharpen their attacks with some new tricks to the arsenal. James Jones had NO (And I mean NO) catches against the old school rivals at all. And no, don’t blame the hoodie.
- Eliminate the Big Plays. Well to a point not really, but in this case they should make passes underneath. Almost like wildcat/screens like. We already know that Jordy Nelson is not playing. WE KNOW! But you can win games by lessing the big wide plays and just use the cherry picking plays just to get the offense started up. The more they do that, the more they get a chance for YAC’s.
- Protect The House. This is a hard thing to do, but you know what, The Lambeau Mystique must be revamped. Not just what it was, but what is should be: A PLACE OF FEAR FOR ALL OPPONENTS! Back in old days, Lambeau Field was a place of Blitzkrieg! And it can be yet again. The Get Loud Lambeau thing, I like it. We need to be loud as hell. But also very intimidating to those who dare to step in and mess up 1265 Lombardi Ave. No more of those soft crap stuff! It’s best to go hard.
Even the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has some ideas or comments:
“In the case of the Green Bay Packers offense, complexity has been something coach Mike McCarthy has been able to build on because of an elite quarterback, a veteran offensive line and lots of experience at wide receiver.
Over on the last five games — even in the 30-13 victory over Minnesota — there have been so many miscommunications, misfires and blown opportunities that the Packers offense almost resembles something completely foreign.
Typically in the NFL, the reaction to such play is “get back to basics.”
Also this from the QB himself: “But yeah, at times you think about being more basic if you’re having mental errors. That’s probably the disappointing thing. You’re late in the season now, and we’re having way too many mental errors.”
“You either got to figure out what you’re doing all the time, or you have to go to more basic stuff. We’d like to not be as basic and have guys not have any mental errors.”
Now here are my things that should fix the Packers:
- There have been some news about the team playing Video Games. REALLY! Cut that off! You are not going to win games by playing Madden all day. If those on the squad see all those plays they do on Madden, why not ON THE FIELD with better judgment! Come on guys! VG’s are not active simulators in real life as much!
- Davante Adams needs to wake up! Look he’s a good WR. But his open plays have been stunk alot. Davante needs his mojo revamped. Get open and just make plays to score. If not, I hate to say that maybe Jeff Janis might be the next man up for the spot. Who knows that maybe Jeff Janis will be the next man up. Speaking of Jeff Janis, keep him in the backfield returning kicks in case Micah Hyde couldn’t do it all.
- DB’s DB’s DB’s Now I see that the DB’s are working, but not enough. The rookie Damarious Randall can’t do it all.
- The O-Line needs hardcore Penetration for A-Rod protection. What for you ask? Not letting more sacks on Aaron to pile up like a mountain. Plus also the running game needs to be improved. Now, look stop all this talk about Eddie Lacy being fat and can’t run the ball. He can run. He can play.
- Speaking of Aaron: yes I’m putting him in this also. I still like this December 2nd Sagittarian. First: Get the mindsync of Jordy Nelson off the brain. We know. It’s a mindset that is distracting. Second, make judgmental decisions. Matter of fact better judgemental decisions! Now the defense of the other teams are taking notes and scripting what the Packers know. The Packers need to be extra ahead of their opponents in order to generate more wins. That would be like, the Packers taught the NFC North about evil. But not what the Packers know! And it’s starts with the QB. And Aaron needs to be more “RELAXED” than frustrated. And scared. Get it right Aaron. You’re not dead yet!
- Playcaling: Oh here we go! We all know that Mike McCarthy is not calling plays this year but Tom Clements is doing the second coaching. The playcallers need more schemes to improve. And this includes Dom Capers! The playcalling have been well, “predictable”. Mix it up. Or maybe get someone who actually can advise plays of what the players can relate. Need to go back to the ol’ Kevin Green Playbook and get hardcore. Just saying.
- D-Line: GET AGGRESSIVE! And plus since some of the players got Beared up in Chicago, it’s time to upcoming likes of Jake Ryan and Jayrone Elliott to finally get more exposure. Yes, I know that the Vets are in the first peg, but still get those dying a chance to play with more ruthless aggression!
Yes they are struggling, but like with any struggling team, they will get better. They have to. No time to think about what should have been, but what it should be. And plus they need to be more back to basic of what they know best to be that competitive. With upgrades! But hey, the Pack is still the team of potential. In the words of the “Pack Daddy”: G’s UP!
So to the 13 time Champs: Get it together! We diehards and real Packer Observers are still with you for the long haul! No wannabes allowed!